Jobs at UC
The relatively small staff at University Center work in partnership with corresponding offices on the main campus to help students gain access to main campus services when needed. In addition to our regular support staff, University Center houses faculty and staff for the SDSU nursing and pharmacy programs. University Center is also home to several full-time faculty who teach almost exclusively at University Center.
For a detailed description of positions at University Center and to apply online, please visit http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Search for postings with a home location of "University of South Dakota" and the city "Sioux Falls."
For accommodations or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671.University Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
Program Assistant I - Posted 1-7-2016
Program Assistant I
Appointment Type: Regular
Duration of the Term: 12 months
Typical Hours Worked Per Week: 40
Appointment Percent: 100
Salary: $12.79 - $16.00/hr
Positions close at midnight CST Open Until Filled
If open until filled, review date: 01-22-2016
Posting Text: University Center in Sioux Falls is looking for a people-oriented, self-motivated individual to provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Student Success Coordinator and Recruiting and Admissions Coordinator. This position will also act in an ombudsman role as a first point of contact for concerns and questions from UC students. This individual must be self-motivated, work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team environment; and have experience with the Microsoft Office software package. Must be able to multi-task and work with a diverse client base.
This position requires the following knowledge or experience:
- Business English, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation; must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Modern office equipment, modern office practices, and procedures.
- Experience using databases, and experience using Microsoft Office package to include Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in direct customer service and working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of disability accommodations helpful.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Work evening and/or weekend hours occasionally.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Meet deadlines in a busy working environment.
- Assist with course scheduling.
- Monitor deadlines and information.
- Assist with meetings, events, training sessions and orientations.
- Prepare documents and reports using data from a variety of sources, formulating logical and reasonable conclusions from available information.
- Manage and interpret information in a database.
- Sit or stand and use a computer for lengthy periods of time.
- Work in a dynamic team environment with a diverse client base.
- Oversee UC tutoring services to include hiring and scheduling tutoring sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply online at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu (search job opportunities at University of South Dakota for a detailed position description). For more information, accommodations, or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671 or visit http://www.SDUniversityCenter.org. AA/EE
Department Description and Cultural Expectations
University Center is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Secretary/Receptionist Position | Posted 2-12-16
University Center has the following Front Desk Secretary/Receptionist position open in our front office. If you know of anyone who might be interested in applying for this position, please feel free to send them a copy of the ad and/or direct them to the Board of Regents website at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu where they can apply for the position. It is listed under USD and is posting #0007821.
12 month, 100 % time position
$10.33 - $15.19 per hour plus benefits
Hours: 9am-6pm, M-R, 8am-5pm, F
University Center in Sioux Falls is looking for a people-oriented, self-motivated individual to work as a Front Office Secretary/Receptionist. Duties include greeting and responding to inquiries, managing schedules; assigning rooms, entering data into a computer, monitoring the website for accuracy. This position requires the following knowledge or experience:
- Experience using modern office equipment
- Business English to include grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Experience using Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel
- Experience working in direct customer service and working with diverse populations
- work independently
- interpret policy and make sound decisions
- communicate information clearly and concisely in oral and written form
- provide positive and energetic customer service to internal and external clients
- perform multi-tasks with frequent interruptions
- exercise tact, patience and discretion in communicating and dealing with persons of varying backgrounds and temperaments
- establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others
- utilize computers for database generation and word processing
- manage multiple schedules, monitoring them for conflicts
- work with a multi-line phone system
- assist with meetings, events, training/orientation sessions
- sit or stand and use a computer for lengthy periods of time
- perform other duties as assigned.
Apply online at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu (search job opportunities at University of South Dakota for a detailed position description). For more information, accommodations, or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671 or visit www.SDUniversityCenter.org. EEO/AA
Posted: February 8, 2016
Want to learn more about the field of sociology and participate in community events as a group? Come to FADM 147 from 3:30p-4p every 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month!Read More
Posted: February 8, 2016
South Dakota's Entrepreneurship Education Conference is a one day event on 2/25/16 advancing entrepreneurship education throughout South Dakota. It is geared for students, educators, and economic development and community leaders.Read More