Jobs at UC
The relatively small staff at University Center work in partnership with corresponding offices on the main campus to help students gain access to main campus services when needed. In addition to our regular support staff, University Center houses faculty and staff for the SDSU nursing and pharmacy programs. University Center is also home to several full-time faculty who teach almost exclusively at University Center.
For a detailed description of positions at University Center and to apply online, please visit http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Search for postings with a home location of "University of South Dakota" and the city "Sioux Falls".
For accommodations or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671.
University Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
USD Adjunct Instructors
USD Continuing and Distance Education has adjunct positions available at University Center for Foundations of Calculus & Statistics for Business, Income Tax Accounting and Business Policy & Strategy. For a complete job descritpion visit http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu
University Center is seeking to hire a Chemistry Tutor to provide supplemental instruction and support to University Center students attending CHEM 106/108/112/114. Tutors at University Center are an essential partner in helping students to succeed and develop study skills.
Tutoring would take place on the University Center Sioux Falls location. Applicants must have good communication and organizational skills, knowledge of the content area and capable of effectively assisting a variety of students. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours. The rate of pay is $8.56/hr with a maximum of 5 hours a week.
To apply, complete the New Employee Information Form and submit a resume and your academic record showing that the subject to be tutored was completed with proficiency.
*Submit the New Employee Information Form, Resume/Vitae, Copy of Academic Record to following address or email:
C/O Academics and Student Services
4801 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls SD 57107
Program Assistant I
Program Assistant I
12 month, 100% time position
$12.79 - $16.00 per hour plus benefits
Hours: 9am-6pm, M-TH; 8am-5pm,F
University Center in Sioux Falls is looking for a people-oriented, self-motivated individual to provide support for the recruitment, admissions and student services areas. This individual must be self-motivated, work collaboratively as part of a dynamic team environment; have experience with the Microsoft Office software package. Must be able to multi-task and work with a diverse client base.
This position requires the following knowledge or experience:
- Business English, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation; must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Modern office equipment, modern office practices, and procedures.
- Experience using databases, and experience using Microsoft Office package to include Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in direct customer service/sales or group presentation positions.
- Work evening and/or weekend hour occasionally.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Post secondary level of education preferred.
- Communicate information clearly and concisely.
- Prepare documents and reports using data from a variety of sources, formulating logical and reasonable conclusions from available information.
- Manage and interpret information in a database.
- Sit or stand and use a computer for lengthy periods of time.
- Lift a suitcase of materials and be able to assemble a display.
- Work in a dynamic team environment with a diverse client base.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply online at http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu (search job opportunities at University of South Dakota for a detailed position description). For more information, accommodations, or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671 or visit http://www.SDUniversityCenter.org. AA/EE
Posted: December 1, 2014
Spring 2015 Attendance Confirmation is available in Webadvisor on December 2, 2014. All students who have registered for Spring 2015 classes are required to complete the online attendance confirmation form. This must be submitted before January 6, 2015.Read More