Jobs at UC
The relatively small staff at University Center work in partnership with corresponding offices on the main campus to help students gain access to main campus services when needed. In addition to our regular support staff, University Center houses faculty and staff for the SDSU nursing and pharmacy programs. University Center is also home to several full-time faculty who teach almost exclusively at University Center.
For a detailed description of positions at University Center and to apply online, please visit http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Search for postings with a home location of "University of South Dakota" and the city "Sioux Falls."
For accommodations or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671.University Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
-Building Manager (Custodial Worker) | Posted 4-7-16
Building Manager (Custodial Worker)
University Center in Sioux Falls is looking for a Building Manager to perform routine, custodial duties to ensure the overall facility and surrounding grounds are maintained. Must be able to work in a diversified, team environment. This is a fast-paced environment with a need for proactive attitude and good customer service skills. Must possess knowledge of light custodial and janitorial duties.
Facility Workers are responsible for performing custodial duties at all stand-alone facilities.
Duties may include:
1. Clean and sanitize restrooms, classrooms, offices, etc.
2. Collect and remove refuse from offices and buildings.
3. Dusting, mopping, wiping, window cleaning, carpet cleaning, waxing, scrubbing, polishing.
4. This position may also prepare surfaces for finishing, sealers and wax.
5. Set up equipment for special events.
6. Remove ice, snow, and debris from sidewalks.
7. This position may also move, lift, carry and/or arrange furniture, equipment, and other objects.
8. Report security problems and hazardous conditions.
9. Other work as assigned.
Ability to work outside in all types of weather, work at heights, and includes but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, balance, climbing, squatting/sitting, twisting, grasping, crawling. Reach at various levels from floor to overhead. Ability to move/manipulate/carry up to 50 lbs.
Employee schedule will be determined by the Physical Plant Manager to meet the needs of the facility. On occasion, employees may be asked to work on-call hours, overtime or weekends. Regular scheduled work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Hours are subject to change at Plant Manager's discretion.
To apply on-line, please visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu (search job opportunities at University of South Dakota for a detailed position description). For more information, accommodations or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671 or visit http://www.SDUniversityCenter.org.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
All offers of employment will be contingent on the favorable results of a background check. $11.36 - $16.71 per hour, plus benefits.
Senior Secretary | Posted 4-7-16
$12.45 to 18.32 per hour plus benefits
(12 month, 100% time position)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday
(Some evening and/or weekend hours on occasion)
University Center in Sioux Falls is looking for a people-oriented, self-motivated, and technologically astute individual to manage office administrative/secretarial functions. The individual filling this position must have secretarial experience, strong skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs. Higher Education and supervisory experience preferred.
1. Secretarial support for the Office of the Executive Director.
2. Public relations, outreach and operational support for University Center.
3. Monitoring the University Center website for accuracy.
4. Maintaining staff schedules and making appointments for multiple staff.
5. Prepare correspondence, take minutes and prepare reports for the Executive Director.
6. Provide secretarial support to University Center staff as needed.
7. Manage the front office area of University Center.
1. Business English to include spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
2. Modern office equipment and processes.
3. Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, email, and database.
4. Scheduling appointments using Microsoft Outlook.
5. Office management and reception services to include visitor assistance.
6. InDesign software experience preferred but not required.
7. Proven ability and experience with formatting letters, reports, databases, etc.
1. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people.
2. Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
3. Offer students, staff, and the general public customer service in a way that promotes University Center.
4. Compile and analyze data into reports.
5. Effectively use computers in the office management process and in the preparation of letters, reports, minutes, databases, etc.
6. Work accurately, with attention to detail, and with minimal supervision.
7. Supervise a small staff team.
Apply online at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu (search job opportunities at University of South Dakota for a detailed position description).
For more information, accommodations or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671 or visit www.SDUniversityCenter.org. EEO/AA
Posted: May 12, 2016
This Fall 2016, Completion of the certificate program can be the first step in a student’s educational pathway. All the credits from the certificate program can be applied to an existing AS in General Studies or stacked into a BS in Biomedical EngineeringRead More