Jobs at UC
The relatively small staff at University Center work in partnership with corresponding offices on the main campus to help students gain access to main campus services when needed. In addition to our regular support staff, University Center houses faculty and staff for the SDSU nursing and pharmacy programs. University Center is also home to several full-time faculty who teach almost exclusively at University Center.
For a detailed description of positions at University Center and to apply online, please visit http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Search for postings with a home location of "University of South Dakota" and the city "Sioux Falls."
For accommodations or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671.University Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
Student Success and Faculty Team Secretary
The University Center in Sioux Falls is looking for a people-oriented, self-motivated individual to provide secretarial support for University Center Faculty and the Student Success Team. The individual filling this position must have secretarial experience and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Higher Education experience preferred. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Apply online at http://yourfuture.sdbor.edu/ (search job opportunities at University of South Dakota to see listing). For information, accommodations, or assistance, call Human Resources at (605) 677-5671 or visit http://www.SDUniversityCenter.org.
The University of South Dakota is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff and students.
12 month, 100 % time position
$11.23 - $15.60 per hour plus benefits
Hours: 9am-6pm, M-R, 8am-5pm, F
University Center in Sioux Falls is looking for a people-oriented, self-motivated individual to work as a Front Office Secretary/Receptionist. Duties include greeting and responding to inquiries, managing schedules; assigning rooms, entering data into a computer, monitoring the website for accuracy. This position requires the following knowledge or experience:
- Experience using modern office equipment
- Business English to include grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Experience using Microsoft Office to include Word and Excel
- Experience working in direct customer service and working with diverse populations
- Work independently
- Interpret policy and make sound decisions
- Communicate information clearly and concisely in oral and written form
- Provide positive and energetic customer service to internal and external clients
- Perform multi-tasks with frequent interruptions
- Exercise tact, patience and discretion in communicating and dealing with persons of varying backgrounds and temperaments
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with others
- Utilize computers for database generation and word processing
- Manage multiple schedules, monitoring them for conflicts
- Work with a multi-line phone system
- Assist with meetings, events, and training/orientation sessions
- Sit or stand and use a computer for lengthy periods of time
- Perform other duties as assigned
Apply online at https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu (search job opportunities at University of South Dakota for a detailed position description). For more information, accommodations, or assistance, contact Human Resources at (605) 677-5671 or visit www.SDUniversityCenter.org. EEO/AA
Last day to drop or add a full session 2016 Fall semester (16 week class) or withdraw from ALL full semester (16 week) classes/University. Individual courses dropped AFTER this date will receive a grade of "W" and no refund.View Details
Posted: August 12, 2016
Are you taking a Lab Science this Fall? Be aware that your Lab Section may not meet the first week of class, Monday, 8/22/16. Check out the full listing of start days/times today!Read More
Posted: July 22, 2016
Fall 2016 Attendance Confirmation is available in Webadvisor in late July. All students who have registered for Fall 2016 classes are required to complete the online attendance confirmation form. This must be submitted before 9/2/16.Read More