Checklist for degree seeking students.
We want to make your application process as stress-free as possible. Use this list as a step-by-step guide for applying to an undergraduate degree program.
1. Choose a Home School
Decide the institution through which you’d like to get your degree (USD, SDSU, DSU, NSU, BHSU or SDSM&T). Make sure to browse our degree programs to see which universities offer the degrees you’re interested in.
2. Submit Your Application
4801 N. Career Ave.
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
3. Send Us Your Transcripts
Request that your official transcripts be sent to University Center at the address above. In order to be considered official, transcripts must be mailed directly from a high school or post-secondary institution directly to University Center. Hand-delivered, faxed or emailed transcripts are not considered official.
- High School or GED.
- Include ACT Scores (if taken in the last 5 years). Applicants 21 years old or younger must complete the ACT or SAT at the start of the term they wish to apply.
- Include immunization records if possible.
- Post-Secondary Institutions.
- Transcripts are required from all post-secondary institutions you've previously attended, regardless of length of attendance and even if no work was completed. Failure to list all previously attended institutions may result in loss of credit and/or dismissal.
We need all of the above materials before an admission decision can be made. If you have questions about the status of your application, you can call us at 605-274-9500.
Keep things moving!
While you are waiting for an admission decision, it is a good idea to get started on a few other things.
- Look at your options and apply for Financial Aid.
- Take the ACCUPLACER Exam (Placement Only) if applicable to you.
- Send us your Immunization Records (Proof of 2 MMR Immunizations are needed before you can register for classes). Born in the State of South Dakota and attended K-5 in South Dakota? Find that record by contacting the SD Department Of Health.
July 24, 2017 is the last day to drop (one class) or withdraw (all classes-no pro-rated refund) from a summer session II course that runs from 6/26/17 to 8/4/17View Details
Posted: July 7, 2017
Do you or someone you know have questions about college or have you been accepted for Fall '17 classes and need to complete your enrollment? Attend UC's open house on July 25th 3p-6pRead More
Posted: July 5, 2017
For the first time, graduates of the state’s technical schools will be able to apply their credits toward a bachelor’s degree in technical leadership from a state university under a new program offered by USD and University Center!Read More