Why University Center?
University Center Sioux Falls (UCSF) is a primary driver of individual prosperity and economic vitality for the Sioux Falls region and the state of South Dakota. UCSF provides local access to the state's public university system, with an emphasis on career-focused education at the certificate to doctoral program levels. We pride our values on the following:
- University Center Sioux Falls is a student-centered and community-focused organization.
- ACCESS: UC-Sioux Falls provides access to an affordable, high-quality public education.
- EQUITY: UC-Sioux Falls believes in equity, diversity and inclusion and respects the identities and needs of all people.
- STUDENT SUCCESS: UC-Sioux Falls provides support services to help individuals achieve their highest potential in their life and career.
- PARTNERSHIP: UC-Sioux Falls develops community partnerships based on active collaboration to achieve common goals.
- WORKFORCE: UC-Sioux Falls focuses on academic programs that respond to regional workforce needs and prepare students for career success.
- TRANSFERABILITY: UC-Sioux Falls strives to provide courses and programs with seamless articulation between educational institutions in the state’s regental and technical systems.
- EFFICIENCY: UC-Sioux Falls is dedicated to the efficient and effective use of its resources.
Six state universities. All in Sioux Falls. And if that wasn’t convenient enough, you can take day, night or online classes to fit your schedule. At UCSF, getting a degree doesn’t mean you have to give up your full-time job.
We don’t believe in a degree that breaks your budget. Earning a degree from a state university is among the most affordable and valuable endeavors that will give you opportunities in your current career or help you move to the career that you most want. At UCSF, students pay only tuition via the Distance Education Rate (Off-Campus), which is among the lowest in the country. Imagine earning a Regionally Accredited college education in an academically rigourous environment from a South Dakota public school at a fraction of the cost, it's possible right here in Sioux Falls!
University Center students attend for several reasons: not ready to move to a main campus, want to stay in Sioux Falls for job and/or family reasons, want to complete their general courses before moving to a main campus, are going back to school for a career change, career development or to finish a degree. So we know how to stay flexible for your busy life. UCSF can work with you to earn your degree on your budget, your timetable and your terms.
Who says you need a 4.0 to get money for college? University Center offers specific scholarships for full-time and part-time students based on financial need. Additionally, we can assist you with the financial aid process to help you keep your goal in mind and your costs low. Visit Financial Aid today!
Because our state universities offer more than 50 programs at University Center – from certificate, associate and bachelor’s degrees to graduate programs, you can earn a college degree or just take a few classes to brush up on your skills.
Unlike credits you might take at non-public or private schools, credits taken at University Center are transferable among our institutions and even beyond in a majority of cases. You can finish or advance your college education anywhere, and your credits will travel right along with you to campus. Also, if you have obtained your associate degree from a South Dakota technical insitution and want to obtain your bachelor degree, USD's Bachelor of Science in Technical Leadership allows you to transfer in your 60 credits from your associate degree so you can obtain you bachelor degree with just 60 more credits to complete.
The Latest and Greatest.
With a state-of-the-art campus location, UCSF can offer quiet study spaces and technology-enhanced smart classrooms. See for yourself – contact us for a tour or help with getting started today! Wondering if UCSF is right for you? Check out what students, faculty, and staff have to say about us today!
Posted: May 13, 2019
Carmen Simone has 700 reasons behind her decision to become the leader of the University Center in Sioux Falls: That’s how many area students she estimates don’t go on to any post-secondary education after high school.Read More
No classes and offices closed in observance of Memorial Day starting Friday, May 24, 2019 and Monday, May 27, 2019 (Memorial Day).View Details
May 29, 2019 is the last day to withdraw from ALL Session I courses and be eligible for a pro-rated refund (must be a full withdraw from all classes in session 1).View Details