What does career development mean?
At University Center, we want to empower our students to actively explore their options, build sustainable connections and apply their knowledge to real-life experiences.
What does the career development office do?
- We provide the opportunity to do 1-1 exploration
- We help students discover their values, skills and purpose
- We connect students to alumni and employers
- We help students find experiential learning opportunities
- We set our students up for success after graduation
What services do we provide?
- Career exploration (FOCUS-2), 1-1 Career Advising
- Major exploration
- A&S 192: Leadership and Career Development course
- Internship assistance
- Job shadowing assistance
- Graduate school application assistance
- Mock interviews
- Career exploration nights
- Career development fair
- And more!
Where are we located & what are our hours?
Student Success Center (FADM 205)
8 AM – 5PM, Monday through Friday (by appointment by calling 605-274-9500)
Connect with us!
Below you will find additional resources and guides to help you along on your job search:
Last day to Withdraw From ALL Fall 2018 classes and be eligible for a partial pro-rated refund: 10/24/18.View Details
Posted: October 22, 2018
This workshop will cover filling out and submitting the 2019-20 FAFSA Application. Current & Prospective Students - please join us!Read More
11/2/18 is the last day that a student can withdraw (NO PARTIAL or FULL REFUND) completely from all classes and/or drop a single class. In order to withdraw, a student must drop all the full semester (16 week) courses for which they are registered.View Details