What does career development mean?
At University Center, we want to empower our students to actively explore their options, build sustainable connections and apply their knowledge to real-life experiences.
What does the career development office do?
- We provide the opportunity to do 1-1 exploration
- We help students discover their values, skills and purpose
- We connect students to alumni and employers
- We help students find experiential learning opportunities
- We set our students up for success after graduation
What services do we provide?
- Career exploration (FOCUS-2), 1-1 Career Advising
- Major exploration
- A&S 192: Leadership and Career Development course
- Internship assistance
- Job shadowing assistance
- Graduate school application assistance
- Mock interviews
- Career exploration nights
- Career development fair
- And more!
Where are we located & what are our hours?
Student Success Center (FADM 205)
8 AM – 5 PM, Monday through Friday (by appointment by calling 605-274-9500)
Connect with us!
Below you will find additional resources and guides to help you along on your job search:
Posted: May 13, 2019
Carmen Simone has 700 reasons behind her decision to become the leader of the University Center in Sioux Falls: That’s how many area students she estimates don’t go on to any post-secondary education after high school.Read More
No classes and offices closed in observance of Memorial Day starting Friday, May 24, 2019 and Monday, May 27, 2019 (Memorial Day).View Details
May 29, 2019 is the last day to withdraw from ALL Session I courses and be eligible for a pro-rated refund (must be a full withdraw from all classes in session 1).View Details