What does career development mean?
At University Center, we want to empower our students to actively explore their options, build sustainable connections and apply their knowledge to real-life experiences.
What does the career development office do?
- We provide the opportunity to do 1-1 exploration
- We help students discover their values, skills and purpose
- We connect students to alumni and employers
- We help students find experiential learning opportunities
- We set our students up for success after graduation
What services do we provide?
- Career exploration (FOCUS-2), 1-1 Career Advising
- Major exploration
- A&S 192: Leadership and Career Development course
- Internship assistance
- Job shadowing assistance
- Graduate school application assistance
- Mock interviews
- Career exploration nights
- Career development fair
- And more!
Where are we located & what are our hours?
Student Success Center (FADM 205)
8 AM – 5PM, Monday through Friday (by appointment by calling 605-274-9500)
Connect with us!
Below you will find additional resources and guides to help you along on your job search:
Posted: March 18, 2019
Need help completing your 2019-20 FAFSA? Stop by for one-on-one assitance March 21st 5:30pm in FADM 152!Read More
Last Day to Withdraw from ALL Spring 2019 16 week classes (Partial Refund). NOTE: Dropping an individual courses results in a grade of "W" and NO REFUND (See SDBOR Limits "W" grades which started Fall 2015).View Details