University Center Sioux Falls
2019-2020 Scholarship Application
is due May 3, 2019.
Scholarship Applications for 2019-20 school year are currently closed and under review.
During selection for University Center Scholarships, we will look at your desire to learn and financial need – not just your GPA.
- Create Your Account
You will need to create an account in order to access the scholarship application. We recommend when creating your account, to use your student email address. *USD STUDENTS: DO NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT. Log in via your myUSD portal to access the application.
2. Log In and Complete Application
Once you have created your account, simply log in and complete the scholarship application.
2019-2020 University Center Scholarships
- Osher Reentry Scholarship
- Osher Renewal Scholarship
- Donna Ohling Memorial Scholarship
- Citibank of South Dakota Scholarship
- Pat and Craig Lloyd Scholarship
- Sioux Falls Construction Scholarship
- Workplace Technology Scholarship
First selection of scholarship recipients began on Friday, May 3, 2019. Scholarship applications received after this date will continue to be reviewed until all scholarship funding for the academic year has been disbursed. It is to your benefit to complete this application as soon as possible.
Below are additional scholarship opportunities to apply to which UCSF's online scholarship does not cover:
Sales and Marketing Executives (SME) Student Scholarship (Click for Details)
Each year SME Sioux Falls awards four scholarships awards ranging from $1000 to $3000 for rising sophomore, junior or senior level students who are continuing their marketing, sales, entrepreneurial, or business-related education at an institution of higher learning in South Dakota.
- Be currently enrolled at one of the institutions of higher learning of South Dakota.
- Be a current undergraduate student and use any awards received for undergraduate education.
- Be pursuing a major and degree that would adequately prepare the student for a career in Business Management, Sales, or Marketing-related field.
- Agree to use the award during the semester/year following the award.
- To apply, visit here
National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) Scholarship (Click for Details)
The National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) is a non-profit association of women actively employed in the many phases of the construction industry. Each year Greater Sioux Falls NAWIC Chapter #237, is proud to offer scholarships to candidates (male or female) pursuing a career in the construction industry (or related field). The dollar amount of scholarships awards range from $500 to $2,500.
- NAWIC defines “construction industry” very broadly and does not limit to people pursuing a construction management major. Those encouraged to apply may be pursuing an accountant or human resources degree which may then work for a construction company or any number of other occupations that might exist in a company that supports the construction industry.
- To apply, visit here
Sioux Falls Business & Professional Women's Organization Scholarship (Click for Details)
The Sioux Falls Business & Professional Women's organization is to pleased to announce that we will be awarding two $500 scholarships to be used for post secondary education expenses.
- Both traditional and non-traditional students are eligible to apply.
- To apply, visit here
South Dakota Bankers Foundation (Click for Details)
Do you have an interest in a career in banking, finance or business and are a South Dakota college or university junior?
The South Dakota Bankers Foundation Scholarships support junior-level students. This scholarship provides up to 5 levels scholarship recipients in ranges of $1,500, three $3,000 and $4,000 awards.
- South Dakota college or university student at a junior level status
- Expressed interest in Banking, Finance or Business
- To apply, visit here
Robert and Dr. Judy Nissen Scholarship (Click for Details)
This $560 scholarship award is designed to support adult learners 24 and older and is open to both undergraduate and graduate students at UC.
Robert and Dr. Judy Nissen valued education and were sensitive to the unique challenges women face in the workplace. At age 29, Dr. Judy Nissen was widowed with two little girls when she decided to go back to school and earn her Ph.D. She eventually became the Director of the Center for Public Education, which is now University Center. Dr. Nissen retired in 2001, but her commitment to adult education continues with this $560 scholarship.
Preference will be given to women; however, men who fit the eligibility criteria are welcome to apply. Selections are based heavily on career goals and financial need.
- Students age 24 and older
- Degree-seeking students
- Earning a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Demonstration of Financial Aid via FAFSA results
- The application form for the Robert and Dr. Judy Nissen Scholarship is available through the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation. To apply, visit here. Application deadline is April 15 each year.
Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation (Click for Details)
Our local community offers an array of scholarship options to a variety of students with the express goal of helping them pay for a quality education that will offer opportunities right here in South Dakota.
- Business Students: Apply for $3,000 scholarship. Each year the Sioux Falls Development Foundation awards Spirit of Sioux Falls Scholarships to business students who have completed one year of higher education. These students must be from the Sioux Falls area or pursuing a business education in the Sioux Falls area. Up to four $3,000 scholarships are awarded annually. The recipients must be full-time students at a North Central Association accredited school, must retain residency in Minnehaha or Lincoln County OR be attending a post-secondary educational institution in Lincoln or Minnehaha County, and must have completed one year pursuing a major in a business course of study. The Spirit of Sioux Falls Scholarships are administered by the Sioux Falls Area Community Foundation.
- To apply, visit here
First Premier Bank | Premier BankCard (Click for Details)
Do you work for Premier Bank/Bankcard? How about $8,000 over a four year period?
You could be eligible for a scholarship to help you earn a degree with one of our partner institutions at University Center! Contact Premier Bank's Anna Mitchell in Human Resources at ext 3393 to express intent to apply for the First Premier Bank Scholarship.
- Demonstration of financial need via the FAFSA results
- Candidate must be a full-time or part-time student in good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher) at University Center
- Candidate must be employed by First PREMIER Bank or PREMIER Bankcard working a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Candidate must be employed for 90 days and be performing job duties at a “Satisfactory” rating prior to receiving the scholarship dollars
- Once a candidate has been awarded the scholarship, he or she is eligible to receive the scholarship the following year without additional application, provided eligibility requirements continue to be maintained
- Candidates may receive a maximum of $8,000 over a four-year period
There are also several external scholarship websites we encourage you visit:
South Dakota Board of Regents The SD Board of Regents website, lists any current board of regent schools, scholarship information. This site is easy to navigate and will give up to date information, criteria and deadlines for application.
FastWeb Immediate response available after providing an email address and completing a personal profile. This site can be frustrating due to the abundance of pop-up ads however, as one of the largest scholarship search engines it can be worth the effort.
US Deptartment of Labor Search more than 7,500 scholarships, fellowships, grants, and other financial aid award opportunities.
Scholarships.com Immediate response available after providing an email address and completing a personal profile. This site allows you to create and print personalized request letters as you find scholarships that interest you.
You can learn about scholarships in several ways, but be careful. Make sure scholarship information and offers you receive are legitimate; and remember that you don't have to pay to find scholarships or other financial aid. Check out our information on how to avoid scams. Try these other free sources/hints about scholarships and how to apply:
- your high school career counselor or TRIO counselor
- your library’s reference section
- religious organizations
- local businesses, or civic groups organizations (including professional associations) related to your field of interest
- ethnicity-based organizations
- your employer or your parents’ employers
- Arrange your list of scholarships in order of closest deadline
- When seraching online, narrow your list with "Search by keyword" Enter a keyword about the type of award you're looking for
- Use the filters to see only awards for certain award types, locations, level of study, etc.
The last day to drop/add a Summer 2019 full session course is 5/20/19 for a Full Refund. Full summer session courses run from 5/13/19 to 8/2/19. Last day to add a class or drop a 12-week class with full refund is 5/20/19.View Details
Posted: May 13, 2019
Carmen Simone has 700 reasons behind her decision to become the leader of the University Center in Sioux Falls: That’s how many area students she estimates don’t go on to any post-secondary education after high school.Read More